In addition to my own mods, I also play with several mods developed by other amazing and extremely talented 7 Days to Die fans.
My personal preference in mods is for those that add just a little bit extra to the vanilla game, so although I'm aware of (and considerably impressed by!) the big hitters like Darkness Falls and Undead Legacy, overhauls aren't really the sort of thing you'll find listed here. At least not quite yet...
Instead, these are my personal favourites of the smaller 'modlet' style mods that add just that little bit of 'je ne sais quoi' to compliment the already excellent base game.
On top of my own little QoL mod, here is the list of mods by other authors that I like to use to give the game that little extra oomf.
Listed chronologically, with the most recent additions at the top:
- HUDPlus by AGF - A more compact, detailed and stylish HUD.
- Picture In Picture Scopes by Alter - Adds Picture-in-Picture scopes to scoped weapons.
- Not So Fast! by ZigTheHedge - Pauses the game after the world has loaded.
- PickUp Traps and Mines by MD420Reaper - Pick up traps, spikes and all type of mines.
- OCB Light Enabler POI by ocbMaurice - Allows the turning on and off of (most) lights.
- Lockable Inventory Slots by KhaineGB - Allows you to set slots in your inventory to 'locked' which prevents them being emptied when using the shortcut buttons to move stacks.
And, as always, here is a list of mods by other authors that I like the sound of, but I haven't got round to trying yet:
- Study Desk by MindlessDeviant - Allows you to craft those hard-to-find schematics and books.
- OCB Remote Turret Control and CCTV by ocbMaurice - Remote control turrets and placeable CCTV blocks.
- The Tracker Perk by jayfusion - Increase the tracker perk to include zombies and players.
- Pick Locked Doors by aedenthorn - Unlock 'locked' doors.
- CCTVs by Xyth - Placeable CCTV blocks.
Remember to show your love to mod makers and endorse the mods you like on Nexus Mods!
Each mod is available for download from their respective pages using the links above.
If you want to know more about this project you can email me using the details in the About page.