7 Days to Die - Mods
My Quality of Life Mod
As great as 7 Days to Die is, I think everyone has at least a couple of little things they'd like to see adjusted.
This mod makes up my personal list of small fixes and changes to those things I find just niggling enough to warrant adjusting.
Current State (Last updated - 07 Jan 2023)
Here's my list (and explanation!) of the small changes my Quality of Life (or QoL) mod makes to take a few little niggles out of the game:
Change the ammo bundles so they give 150 ammo instead of 100
<setattribute xpath="//item[@name='ammoBundleMaster']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Create_item_count']" name="value"> 150 </setattribute>
I do this because I reckon 150 bullets feels more in alignment with the max size of ammo stacks, which are typically 150 or 300. I know I should really increase the costs of raw materials to produce the bundles as a result, but well... I haven't!
Make seeds cost 4 of their parent to craft instead of 5
<setattribute xpath="//recipe[contains(@name,'planted')]/ingredient" name="count">4</setattribute>
I really don't like the idea that you can end up in a worse off place than when you started when farming. Setting the costs of seeds to 4 instead of 5 means that even if you have a run of bad luck and get zero seeds from your harvest, you can still at least turn all your crops back into seeds and try again.
Make the motorcycle faster
<setattribute xpath="//vehicle[contains(@name,'Motorcycle')]/property[contains(@name,'velocityMax')]" name="value"> 14, 21 </setattribute>
Pretty self-explanatory surely! Makes the motorbike feel like an actual motorbike by increasing the speed of it just a touch more than the default.
Additional 3rd Party Mods
As well as my own little QoL mod, here is a list of the other mods, by other authors, that I like to use to give the game just that little extra oomf (listed in the order I discovered them, so newest additions are always at the bottom):
- HUDPlus by AGF - A more compact and stylish HUD.
- Picture In Picture Scopes by Alter - Adds Picture-in-Picture scopes to all weapons.
- Not So Fast! by ZigTheHedge - Pauses the game after the world has loaded.
- PickUp Traps and Mines by MD420Reaper - Pick up traps, spikes and all type of mines.
- OCB Light Enabler POI by ocbMaurice - Allows the turning on and off of (most) lights.
- Lockable Inventory Slots by KhaineGB - Allows you to set slots in your inventory to 'locked' when prevents them being emptied when using the shortcut buttons to move stacks.
And here is a list of mods by other authors that I like the sound of, but haven't got round to trying yet:
- Study Desk by MindlessDeviant - Allows you to craft those hard-to-find schematics and books.
- OCB Remote Turret Control and CCTV by ocbMaurice - Remote control turrets and placeable CCTV blocks.
- The Tracker Perk by jayfusion - Increase the tracker perk to include zombies and players.
- Pick Locked Doors by aedenthorn - Unlock 'locked' doors.
Remember to show your love to mod makers and endorse the mods you like on Nexus Mods!
- v1.0 - Initial release that adjusts ammo bundle sizes, seed costs and motorcycle speed.
Want To Know More?
If you want to know more about this project you can email me using the details in the About page.
7D2D-QualityOfLife.zip - Mod that contains some minor adjustments and tweaks.